Thank you for sending all of the apples. We made some delicious applesauce today, and the students learned so much (following a recipe, using an apple corer/peeler, measuring)! We also watched a fantastic farming video that showed us how apples grow and are processed. I heard some of the neatest comments, and seeing the world through a kindergartners eyes can be truly magical. They loved seeing the apples on the conveyor belts ("the rollercoasters"), enjoyed watching the pickers pick the apples ("that man is so nice to the apples), and wanted to know what it would be like if our school was an apple factory. I heard many say "I want to be an apple."
Morning Message: Greeting
Special Activity: Applesauce
Math: Measuring, Counting Down/Subtraction with Apple Poem
Handwriting: Whiteboards, write "is"
Reading: "The Apple" poem, "The Silly Goose" poem, "The Apple Thief", "The Bears"
Picture Day is tomorrow. If you want to send an extra change of clothes for your child to change into after the pictures, you may do so.
Have a great rest of your Thursday!
Miss Kimpton
No comments:
Post a Comment